Shaw Contracting (Aust) Pty Ltd is a leader in Tasmania’s civil construction, earthmoving and contract mining industries.
The company boasts a workforce of over 100 highly skilled and motivated people both directly and by subcontract. Based at Whitemore in Northern Tasmania, Shaw has operations located across the State.
Current Employment Opportunities
Final Trim Grader Operator
Final Trim Grader Operator
Locally owned Shaw Contracting (Aust) Pty Ltd, is a leading provider of Civil, Building and Mining Contracting services. Shaw’s continued growth is attributed to our proud and dedicated people. Due to continuing growth across Tasmania we are looking to appoint a qualified Final Trim Grader Operator.
If you have a detailed history in civil construction and meet the following criteria we could offer you your next employment opportunity.
To be successful in the position you will have:
- The ability to operate a grader to mix and compact road building material and cut/trim final road levels
- Demonstrated experience in the safe operation/maintenance of relevant plant and equipment (e.g. road grader, rollers, loader, truck/trailers etc)
- Technical skills with the ability to read and understand plans and construction drawings
- Relevant licences, certificates and qualifications
- Self-motivation and be safety minded
- 7-10 years’ experience as a final trim grader operator (desirable)
- The ability to work unsupervised, have a mechanical aptitude and enjoy working as part of a valued team
- A demonstrated commitment to work health & safety, quality and environmental standards in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and site project management plans
If this position sounds like you, then please submit your application along with at last two (2) current referees to: Jim Irvine, People & Systems e-mail: email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Shaw Contracting Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Locally owned Shaw Contracting (Aust) Pty Ltd, is a leading provider of Civil, Building and Mining Contracting services. Shaw’s continued growth is attributed to our proud and dedicated people.
Due to continuing growth across Tasmania we are looking to appoint strong Civil Supervisor’s to supervise projects in both the North and South of Tasmania. We are particularly interested in candidates with demonstrated experience in a broad range of Civil projects including but not limited to; major earthworks, road works, pavements, traffic management, Highway duplications and civil infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Civil Supervisor’s will include:
- Providing confident and competent leadership to a project and employees, including sub-contractors.
- Deliver all projects safely, cost effectively, on time and on budget
- Identify all issues, which may increase costs of the project and in consultation with the Project Manager implement corrective actions
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all aspects of all projects for which you are responsible
- Planning of works on-site necessary to deliver the project, including plant and equipment, labour, materials, sub-contractors and any other resources
- Direction of all works on-site necessary to deliver the project, including plant and equipment, labour, materials, sub-contractors and any other resources
- Reporting of all activities that occur on-site each day, as required by the Project Specification and the Quality, OH&S, Environment
- Management of all OH&S, Quality and Environmental management issues on all sites for which you are responsible for
To be considered for the role of Civil Supervisor you will require:
- A proven background within civil construction which will include extensive experience within major earthworks, road works, excavation and mobile operations
- Extensive experience as a stand-alone supervisor civil projects up to $5 million
- Relevant tickets for truck and excavator operations
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, subcontractors, clients and other stakeholders
If this position sounds like you, then please submit your application along with at last two (2) current referees to: Jim Irvine, People & Systems e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOnly successful applicants will be contacted.Shaw Contracting Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.