Shaw Contracting (Aust) Pty Ltd is a leader in Tasmania’s civil construction, earthmoving and contract mining industries.
The company boasts a workforce of over 100 highly skilled and motivated people both directly and by subcontract. Based in Launceston in Northern Tasmania, Shaw has operations located across the State.
Current Employment Opportunities
Shaw Contracting (Aust) Pty Ltd, is a leading provider of civil construction, building and mining contracting services. Shaw’s continued growth is attributed to our proud and dedicated people.
Due to continuing growth in Tasmania we are looking to appoint a strong Civil Supervisor(s) to supervise projects. We are particularly interested in candidates with demonstrated experience in a broad range of civil projects including but not limited to, major earthworks, road works, pavements, traffic management, highway duplications and civil infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Civil Supervisor's will include:
- Providingconfident and competent leadership to a project and employees, including sub-contractors
- Deliver all projects safely, cost effectively, on time and on budget
- Identify all issues, which may increase costs of the project and in consultation with the Project Manager implement corrective actions
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all aspects of all projects for which you are responsible
- Planning of works on-site necessary to deliver the project, including plant and equipment, labour, materials, sub-contractors and any other resources
- Direction of all works on-site necessary to deliver the project, including plant and equipment, labour, materials, sub-contractors and any other resources
- Reporting of all activities that occur on-site each day, as required by the Project Specification and the Quality, OH&S, Environment
- Management of all OH&S, Quality and Environmental management issues on site for which you are responsible for.
To be considered for the role of Civil Supervisor you will require:
- A proven background within civil construction, 7-10 years, which will include extensive experience within major earthworks, road works, excavation and mobile operations
- Extensive experience as a stand-alone supervisor of civil projects up to $5 million
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, subcontractors, clients and other stakeholders
All applications will be treated with strict confidence.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to People & Systems - email@example.com
Shaw Contracting Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer